Pray before you take action.
Pray during your action.
Pray after the action regardless of outcome.
(2) I support and applaud health care workers.
(3) I understand the difficulty of government administrators trying to craft a policy that can apply to the entire public without bias or prejudice.
However, I am unable to comprehend how this cannot be overcome.
To preface, the tech enamored should avoid expressing their naivete asserting that electronic media is the solution.
Decades of research continue to confirm less than 15% of communication is audio. And the remaining 85% is not exclusively visual. Furthermore, both electronic audio and video are limited by venue and the laws of physics. Electronic visual and audio media provides a filtered visual image; it does NOT provide visual proximity.
There is no substitute for presence.
Thus, we (believers) are comforted with the presence of the Holy Spirit until we are permanently present in His Holiness, forever.
Separation anxiety is real. Isolation creates separation anxiety. For limited intervals, with hope for an end to the separation, the symptoms of separation anxiety may be mitigated, not immediately apparent, and sufferers can endure knowing they will recover quickly as soon as they are re-united. But during the separation, the stress adversely affects the emotional and psychological health of the sufferers and can be manifested in adverse effects on the physical health. Long term separation allows the stress to accumulate which exponentially exacerbates the severity of effects and can likely lead to compounding affects contributing to death.
Paul Muller posted (below) he observed a facility used plexiglass to allow at least visual togetherness.
The design, labor and materials to install effective plexiglass room dividers is costly. But, again, I am unable to imagine it is impossible.
The following illustration is extreme, probably impractical and certainly costly, but not impossible. Instead of drywall, sheetrock, cinder block and other opaque materials commonly used in construction, plexiglass can be installed and used for walls of the rooms. Additional illustrations? Consider the recording studio that includes a wall that is mostly transparent and separating the sound room from the recording room. And many hospital emergency and/or intensive care rooms have glass (plexiglass) walls to allow care-takers to immediately observe patients.
For these reasons, I am compelled to suspect facility budget administrators do not have funds to pay the costs of effective room dividers.
I would support further investigation into solutions (including costs) that will allow this couple, among others, to remain in close visual proximity. I would also support efforts to find ways to pay for these solutions (e.g.: long term care insurance, private and/or public health insurance (MEDICARE), donations, local churches, “GoFundMe”, etc.).
For all the reasons above, I would think prudent (not to mention humane and compassionate) long term care facility administrators would find ways to reduce separation, ensure health-promoting proximity of their residents and provide the optimal health environment for which they are morally and legally responsible. Else, these facilities jeopardize the health of their residents, risk facing adverse public relations with fewer residents in the future, potentially adverse legal action, and, worst of all: a haunting conscience for failing their moral obligation.
Jim Daly with Paul Batura
I wake up every day with a desire to serve the Lord. I want other people to see Christ in me when I’m confronted with challenges. I want them to say, “Wow! I would’ve reacted entirely differently in that situation. What do you have that I don’t, Jim?” But then someone cuts me off in...
It’s easy to bless a child. It really is. Not long ago, I asked my son, Troy, if he remembered the day almost ten years ago when I blessed him while we were out hiking on a camping trip. Somewhere along the trail, we stopped, I placed a hand on his shoulder, told him how...